Event Details - Tell a Friend
Business - Class/Workshop
|Date & Time:||
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Find Local Food & Accommodations
Bay Path Adult Evening School
57 Old Muggett Hill Road
Charlton, MA 01507
|Description:||01-061 Unconventional Investing
The class is based on information provided in the book Unconventional Investing which was written with the common investor in mind. Most of us are not taught finance or investment strategies in school or the workplace. Financial education is provided to those who proactively seek it. The goal of this class is to educate and stimulate thought and/or discussion. What you will find presented are investment ideas and strategies that are rarely discussed by the financial media or large financial firms.
Topics include, but not limited to:
• How to better manage your 401k or other work-based retirement accounts.
• How many mutual funds are inherently flawed and the next evolution of fund investing.
• How to build a more diversified portfolio and better tailor it to your risk tolerance.
• How to play both offense and defense. Strategies that will better serve you in the next bear market.
• How conventional portfolios may struggle in the next decade, especially considering some very specific and unique current events.
*Note: This class will not address individual stock or option trading.
1 night/2½ hours
Tim Higgins is a Certified Financial PlannerTM, Chartered Financial Consultant, and manages his own financial planning practice in Southborough, MA. He is the author of Unconventional Investing, and has appeared on The Lou Dobbs show, MSNMoney, CNNMoney, and in The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, SmartMoney magazine, and U.S. News, and was named FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in Boston Magazine.
Tuesday, November 27
6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Course Fee $39
Entered by: Lori Douthwright
Created: October 17, 2017 at 9:21 AM
Last Modified: August 24, 2018 at 7:38 AM
The events posted on the Social Web are the creations of its users. Please contact the person posting the event with your questions or concerns. Commercial use of this content without the prior expressed written permission of the Social Web is strictly prohibited. See Legal Notice